Sunday 4 November 2012

Louboutin and Louis Vuitton: Not the same at all!


Read us here! :) http://wp.me/p2X2CO-5X It's prettier ;)

Throughout my life I’ve crashed into very fashionably confused people, which is normal, right? I mean, I don’t know a thing about physics and that’s cool too (right?). You may be thinking, “Alana, you’re crazy! Physics and fashion cannot be compared! Fashion is a natural thing!” Well, babies, so is Physics and I barely know its basics thanks to middle and high school. The thing is that, believe it or not, many people find fashion harder to understand than pure sciences, because while they have all these complicated formulas, we have all these terms and fancy designers most people find hard to pronounce and even worst, distinguish.

Confusions happen all the time. If you go back to August in this very same blog, you’ll find a post of the most common confusion ever:  Gucci and Pucci. Today I’ve decided to write about another one that makes my heart ache every single time: Louboutin and Louis Vuitton. Yes, maybe written they seem super different, but go on and pronounce them! If your French is quite raw, you might mistake one for another, and that’s a “No! No!”

It is normal, I mean, let’s not be mean about this. If we know how to tell apart one from another, let’s spread the knowledge! And maybe some day some time, somebody will help us understand more Physics than “everything tends to fall downwards”.

Ok, so what do we need to know? For starters, yes, they’re both French, but Louis Vuitton produces clothing, shoes, accessories and traveling cases, the last ones being their specialty since that’s how they started. The founder, Louis Vuitton, was known to produce the best baggage ever; he even worked for Napoleon the III! Louis Vuitton died in 1892 and his empire is now creatively directed by our dearly loved Marc Jacobs. Christian Louboutin, on the other hand, dedicates exclusively to footwear and still designs for his brand since he’s just about 49. Louis Vuitton signature is their monogram, while Louboutin’s is the red-lacquered sole in every creation of his.

Styles? Poles apart.

Louboutin goes beyond our imagination, he’s all about innovation and edginess. Metal or jewelry applications, flashy colors, feathers, animal print and lacquer are only some of the few incorporations to his works of art. He doesn’t fear heels height or shapes, nor textures or conventions. My favorites from his collection were the following: (I know they’re pretty sober, but believe me, they’re by far the soberer on the catalogue and well, yeah, I’m pretty classic.)

Louis Vuitton is pretty conservative and sometimes, too sober for my taste, but’s got pretty amazing stuff (for example, the boots I’m showing you guys). My main concern about wearing any Louis Vuitton garment is that you risk looking plus agée (French for “older”) than you really are. Here, I picked up my favorite shoes from this fall/winter 2012-13. I chose to display some of their footwear as well so you can see that even in the same area, they’re pretty different.

So what do you think? It’s quite clear that as similar as they might be phonetically, they’re opposites when materialized. Remember, next time you’re talking about Louboutin or Louis Vuitton and someone asks you the difference, well, you know what to answer.  

Have so much fun today your heart feels like blowing up with joy! Shine all over and dream on, crazy diamonds! Lotta love.

P.S. Photos taken from the brands’ websites:

Christian Louboutin-

No comments:

Post a Comment