Friday 14 September 2012

Isabel Marant: Westerns are back… in Paris


Read us here!: http://wp.me/p2X2CO-9k It's prettier! ;)


September is already here, do you know what that means? You'd better get ready for fall!!! The first entry of this month is going to be dedicated to westerns, why? Keep reading!

Honestly speaking, I’ve never been a fan of westerns, probably because to me they’re foreign and I take them as part of the folklore of another country. Say for example, when someone says the word “Western” what comes to my mind are cowboys, so that’s pretty much why I chose this title for today’s post. Isabel Marant’s Fall-Winter 2012-2013 takes us back to those characteristic landscapes where duels took place and checked chemises and boots ruled the place.

1) Look A
Isabel Marant is relatively new in the business, and it’s a little bit more relaxed than the rest of the designers, mainly because she doesn’t work with haute couture; even though this is prêt-à-porter, it can be considered as way too relaxed compared to other maisons.

Anyway, we don’t always have to be all fancied, we could also wear more comfortable clothes and still look super fashionable. Wait! Comfortable and fashionable? Well, yes, it is possible. Don’t believe me? Take a look to Isabel Maran’ts top three!

2) Look B
1) Look A. Didn’t I tell you? Totally western. This look, composed by a white blouse, a white skirt and a blue & gold patterned belt is super simple and super comfy. Advantages? You can wear this almost anywhere in daytime! At school, at Starbucks, at SoHo… The embroidering on the blouse is beautiful (don’t you love the heart in the middle of it), and of course, the star of this season’s prêt-à-porter: transparencies. The skirt is actually very casual and the design isn’t complicated, the special thing about THIS skirt is that it is made of silk, which makes it compliment our movement, making us look more graceful.

2) Look B. More western! I’m in love with the white silk chemise. The pattern made out of applications is elegant and stylizes the figure, how? Well, see how it sort of outlines the upper part of the chest? There’s a sort of cleavage included, and remember what I always say, division lines on your outfit make you look taller and thinner. Also, the line that divides the torso helps us to look fitter. The black leather skinny pants help your legs look longer and much more defined. This, as well the skirt on the previous look and the golden belt on this one, is easy to find at any mall if you know where to look for it.

3) Look C
3) Look C. The Western Queen. So far we had observed only daytime outfits, but what do you think about this alternative version of “the little black dress”? I say, “Yes, please”. It’s got some golden embroidery and applications that make a faux cleavage that elongates our torso. The high of the skirt makes the model’s legs look longer and makes her look even taller. Just remember! When wearing something this short, please don’t wear heels! It might look distasteful and that’s a big “No! No!”

I think what I really like about Isabel Marant is that her looks aren’t complicated at all, and for all the fashionistas on training, it is an easy style to follow, since she uses pretty simple clothes. What do you think? Will you bring the Western back to your closet? I’m already on it!

I hope you enjoyed the post and I’m sorry I didn’t write to you last Thursday! You know how college is, but it won’t ever happen again! I promise! As my friend Eliza said, there are no excuses for leaving the blog unattended, fashion deserves better! So, you know what? I’m going to blog 3 times a week, because it’s totally worth it.


Well, with that being said, shine all over and dream on, crazy diamonds! Have a wonderful day! (I will). 

P.S. All the photos were taken from Vogue.es; here’s the whole collection!
http://www.vogue.es/desfiles/otono-invierno-2012-2013-paris-isabel-marant/7341

No comments:

Post a Comment